Website Dorset Council
The Dorset Council is offering an exciting opportunity for a Year Lead with a Teaching role in Dorchester. This role will involve taking a leading role in raising standards and outcomes for students, managing and leading teaching staff, and ensuring that the school is a safe and secure environment for students. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the students and help them reach their full potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead by example in all areas of the pastoral curriculum
- Monitor attendance, behavior, and welfare within their year group
- Take responsibility for the pastoral care of students in the year group, liaise closely with other Year Leaders to ensure continuity and progression across the Key stages 2 and 3;
- To be responsible for transition across and between Key Stages including KS1 and KS3, working closely with our feeder and Upper schools and SLT.
- Establish good relationships, encourage good working practices, and support.
- Led, supported, motivate, and directed support staff working within the year group.
Q: What Benefits & Perks are associated with this Job?
A: Dorchester Middle School can offer excellent working conditions, a supportive environment, and opportunities for further development both within the school and across the Wessex MAT.
Q: What Experience is Needed?
A: Previous experience working with young people in a school setting and/or pastoral care is desirable.
Conclusion: Dorchester Middle School is a great place to work and offers great benefits and perks to its employees. If you have the right qualifications and experience, then this could be the perfect job for you. Come and join us and help us to make a difference in the lives of our students.